Woohoo!! We have made it to the third trimester, so now we can talk about what all happened during my second trimester and what my tips and things are for all you lovely mommies-to-be 😊
**DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. THE THOUGHTS AND STATEMENTS INCLUDED IN THIS BLOG IS JUST WHAT WORKED FOR ME AND A FEW TIPS ON WHAT I DID/DO WITH MY PREGNANCY. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE ACTING ON WHAT YOU HAVE READ HERE. ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.
Okay, so if you haven’t already, go ahead and read the 1st Trimester Blues.. so you will be caught up on what’s really going on here.
I absolutely LOVED my second trimester. No morning sickness, no dehydration, not that much fatigue, I could eat!!! Truly an awesome time compared to my first trimester. The baby started to kick and move about, baby gets hiccups, (which I think is the most adorable feeling ever) you really start to get a baby bump and begin to see your body changing more.
So, what are my tips for the second trimester? In no particular order, here they are just for you:
- Drink lots of water – If you were like me in your first trimester, you missed out on some good hydrating H2O, now is the time to get that in for you and your little one. Stay as hydrated as you possibly can!
- No Stressing – Try to keep the stress levels down and enjoy this wonderful time!
- Exercise – Now that you have this new found energy, use it to workout. Honestly, you may not feel up to the task, but whenever you can take at least 15 minutes to do some kind of physical activity. (Check with your doctor/midwife to make sure it’s okay)
- Eat some healthy things – I know, those pregnancy cravings aren’t always the most healthiest of foods, but get as much fruits and veggies in you as you can. Your body and baby will thank you for it in the long run.
- Keep an eye on your weight gain – Chances are your doctor/midwife will do this for you, but it’s nice to keep track of it yourself, too. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EAT FOR TWO! That is a myth. You do need more calories for your growing baby, but you don’t have to eat everything in sight. Don’t stress over your weight gain or lack thereof, you don’t want to gain too much or too little, so keep an eye on it.
- Make checklists – I have checklists for everything. What items baby need, what mommy needs for labor and delivery, as well as, what mommy needs for postpartum. Don’t forget about daddy’s needs too!!
- Start buying things – This is so much fun and EXPENSIVE!! You don’t have to buy everything at once, but getting a few items here and there is worth it so you’re not scrambling at the end to get things. Check these items off as you go along. Also, look for sales! I am all for sales, discounts, coupons, etc. We purchased a lot of our baby items from Target and that’s because they had some decent sales on baby items and we had so many gift cards and coupons to take advantage of. Look online for coupons. Check out Amazon for better prices. Oh and if you did not know (because I didn’t) if you are planning on breastfeeding, you can get a FREE breast pump through your insurance company, depending on your insurance plan. (Ask your doctor/midwife how that works and you can also Google it.)
- Don’t forget about hubby during this time – Keep your husband involved throughout your entire pregnancy. This isn’t just a special time for you and baby, but also for your hubby. He wants to feel baby move about, he wants to talk to baby, and he still wants time with his wife, so don’t neglect him!
- Talk, Read, Sing and Dance – Baby can hear now, so talk to the baby, read books to baby, sing to the baby, play music and dance with your belly LOL 😁 It may seem weird to just be talking to your stomach, but it’s an awesome way to bond with your child in the womb. You will be amazed at how well baby responds to these things!
- Pray, Pray, Pray – I can not stress how important praying is, not just during your second trimester, but throughout your entire pregnancy (shoot, throughout your entire life). Pray for you. Pray for your husband. Pray for your baby. Pray for your labor and delivery. Never cease from praying!!
- Stay P O S I T I V E!! If you don’t take anything else from this list, please take this. It’s so important for you to stay positive and encouraged for both you and the little one growing in your tummy.
I believe that’s the only tips I have for you at this time. If I think of anything else I’ll be sure to post it on JusTalk Blogs’ Facebook Page (be sure to follow, if you’re not already). Please feel free to comment below 👇 if you have any tips you would like to share for the mommies-to-be!! And, as always, have a freakin’ fantastic day 😉